About the Company:
Groupe Vision New Look Inc. (GVNL), headquartered in Montreal, is the leading provider of eye care products in Canada and rapidly expanding in the United States. The company's retail network comprises 477 locations, including 417 in Canada and 60 in the United States. Prescription lenses are produced at the company's central manufacturing and distribution facility located in Montreal.
GVNL was a publicly traded company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange until it was privatized in May 2021. The main shareholders of GVN after the privatization transaction are FFL Partners (FFL), a San Francisco-based private equity firm, and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ). FFL has a strong track record of investing in and building eye care and optical retail businesses, including Eyemart Express, a U.S. optical retail chain, and EyeCare Partners, one of the leading eye care providers in the United States and a former FFL portfolio company. It is expected that FFL will make a significant contribution to GVN's successful expansion in the U.S. market through its expertise and experience in the optical industry. CDPQ is a strong supporter of Quebec-based businesses and is a long-term investor in GVN. CDPQ's diverse presence in the healthcare services sector, including eye care, includes a prior investment in GVN in 2019. Importantly, CDPQ's participation serves as an anchor to GVN's Quebec roots and helps ensure the company's future in Quebec.
Under the current leadership team, GVN has achieved exceptional operational and financial success. Since 2013, GVN's retail network has grown from 70 locations to 477 locations, primarily through acquisitions, and the company's enterprise value has increased by more than 10x, from approximately $100 million to over $1 billion. This has resulted in significant value creation for shareholders. During this same period, significant investments have been made in the existing retail network, new stores, acquisitions, laboratory, warehouse, and distribution center.
GVNL was awarded the coveted title of "Canada's Best Managed Companies" after an extensive audit and selection process by Deloitte Canada in 2022.
- Carry out scheduled preventive maintenance,
- Support maintenance team in executing preventive and corrective tasks,
- Prepare equipment for daily production,
- Ensure cleanliness of premises at all times,
- Update maintenance software,
- Other related tasks.
- Diploma or certificate in mechanical or electrical maintenance;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in maintenance,
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment;
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and schematics;
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance principles and techniques;
- Familiarity with safety regulations;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.