Acquisition Accounting & Financial Reporting Analyst
About New Look Vision Group
New Look Vision Group, headquartered in Montreal, Canada, is the leading provider of eye care products and services across Canada and is rapidly expanding in the United States. The Group has retail sales of optical products which can be grouped into four principal categories:
- Prescription and non-prescription eyewear
- Contact lenses
The Group’s network of stores totals 477 locations, consisting of 417 locations in Canada and 60 in the United States. Prescription lenses are manufactured at the company’s central manufacturing and distribution facility located in Montreal.
New Look Vision Group operates in a decentralized structure, empowering the various business units to make day-to-day decisions and operate in their local marketplaces as they deem fit. Business units include well-recognized brands such as New Look Eyewear, Greiche & Scaff, Iris, Vogue Optical, Edward Beiner, Morgenthal Frederics and Robert Marc. The Group’s corporate office provides back office and shared services support for accounting, finance, merchandising, IT and real estate functions.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Our Mission: Enhancing life’s sights and sounds
We are honest and to the point with each other. We face the facts, whether they are positive or negative, and remain solutions focused. We are humble and open. Nothing to hide, everything to share. We don’t conceal information from each other or play politics.
We are shrewd operators, focused on results. We are ambitious for the company and brave in delivery. We are numbers-driven and use data to make the best decisions, dispassionately. We analyze but know when to stop, make decisions and take calculated risks. We never settle for average, rather we strive for excellence.
We respect and support each other, always. We value diversity… and we don’t just write this: diversity is part of our fabric and makes us better. We never judge, never assume, and always treat each other the way we want to be treated. We have a great sense of duty towards customers (patients) and the community. But we also laugh and don’t take ourselves too seriously!
Our ambitions are global, but our execution is local. We are a team of teams. A group empowering and leveraging the superior knowledge of troops on the ground. We know that the success of our business flows from the people who serve our customers every day, and everything we do is aimed at supporting them better.
Under the current leadership team, The Group has achieved outstanding operating and financial success. Since 2013 The Group’s store network has increased from 70 to 477 locations, primarily by way of acquisition. The Group is seeking an organized and motivated Acquisition Accounting & Financial Reporting Analyst to help support the growth of the company who will play an active role in the integration of acquisitions and related accounting tasks. The position will also participate in and assist with periodic and year-end financial reporting.
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involve in the Purchases Price Allocation (“PPA”) process related to new acquisition, including recording initial balance sheet, initial allocation of the PPA, working capital analysis and settlements, and subsequent monthly amortization entries;
- Involve in the processes related to the increase / decrease of Investment ownership without a change of control;
- Prepare all JE related to legal entities in dissolution process, amalgamation or divestment;
- Prepared the annual Notes to Financial Statements related to Business Acquisition;
- Be the liaison with our auditors in connections to acquisition and/or disposal of companies
- Will be a key member and liaison for the integration of new acquisition, including tasks related to the flow of funds, creation of new holding entities and setting new bank account or proceed to close banks accounts;
- Will be part of the integration team at NLVG & Iris such as a Finance representative (single point of contact with seller) and would define Finance requirements (cutover reports, Process & control to establish) (On Boarding emails, and zoom meetings);
- Involve in the system integration process, including the initial temporarily process before acquisition are fully integrated in our ERP system, including the codification of the general ledger and the design of the business units without our structures (Follow up for inventory count load in GP, Follow-up with AP, on coding invoices pre cut off date)
- Obtain forecasts from due diligence to ensure accounting accruals are aligned for new acquisition
- Maintain acquisition and holdback tracker excel for the various acquisition ongoing
- Update CRA (and other relevant provincial governments) with new directors information
- Obtain access to new company in CRA website (and other relevant provincial governments)
- File various election forms with CRA (and other relevant provincial governments)
- Participated in the preparation and review of Consolidated Financial Statements for monthly, quarterly and year end;
- Responsible of reviewing Consolidation process to ensure financial statements are in accordance with IFRS;
- Involved in complex accounting transactions, in order to integrate new processes;
- Ensure proper control are in place related to the preparation of our reporting;
- Review of the monthly cash flow and participation in the analysis to explained variances or ad hoc analysis;
- Participated in the preparation of special reporting related to our banking facilities;
- IFRS analysis related to the treatment of special transactions;
- Participate in the preparation of the year end notes to financial statement, including the impairment testing;
- Participate in the preparation and review of Financial Statements for statutory purposes;
- Participation in the improvement of current processes.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- CPA designation
- 5 to 7 year of experience in finance roles
- Experience in a large accounting firm
- Experience in public / large companies (retail experience is a strong asset)
- Experience working with an ERP system – great asset if knowledge of Greatplains & AccPac
- Ease working with financial systems
- Strong knowledge of IFRS (reporting)
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (PivotTable, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.)
- Fully bilingual in both French and English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- High sense of urgency, strong project, and time management skills with the ability to focus on multiple priorities and files
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and successfully to change while maintaining poise
- Analytical & ability to meet deadlines
WHY NEW LOOK VISION GROUP
- To work with motivated and passionate teams;
- To have a complete collective insurance group, which can cover, among other things, dental care;
- To access to an innovative telemedicine program;
- Choose a free pair of glasses each year;
- To have access to discounts and rebates for your family and friends;
- Work with flexibility, in the office or at home, according to the priorities and the needs of the team;
- Be part of the first eco-responsible certified optical retail company;
- Being surrounded by passionate and committed people;
- Free parking
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only for the purpose of lightening the text. Vision New Look Group is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider the application for employment of all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality of origin, age, disability or other status protected by law.
Human Resources Department
By email : email@example.com
Important to mention the contest number :