SQL database administrator
New Look Vision Group is looking for a full-time SQL database administrator. Reporting to the Senior Director of Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence, you will be working in our offices located at 4405 Chemin du Bois-Franc in Ville Saint-Laurent.
Reporting to Senior Director of Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence, the candidate will be responsible to deliver database services providing DBA expertise and support to all services leveraging database technologies. This will include database design, performance optimisation and ETL processes. The candidate will have the opportunity to bring ideas to make the most out of our current system architecture and participate in its evolution.
Main Responsibilities :
- SQL Server Administration (installation, configuration, maintenance, security).
- Administration of backup procedures and disaster recovery plans.
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of systems ensuring all systems checks are completed and documented and any service incidents are managed, resolved or escalated in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting of operational problems.
- Design and development of data migration and data consolidation between various databases.
- Work with technology teams in data modeling, database design, efficient SQL for fast application performance, including advanced architectural techniques.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used as a framework for data integration.
- Design and deliver ETL and related components (SSIS).
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives.
- 5+ years as a SQL Database Administrator/Developer
- 5+ years of design, development, and deployment experience with SQL Server 2008-2019 SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL development
- Knowledge and working experience of the Azure Cloud Platform.
- Strong proficiency in SQL programming (T-SQL, Views, Functions, Stored Procedure, SQL CLR).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Excellent ability to document requests.
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
- Aptitude for problem solving, and strong analytical and thinking skills.
- Innovation, initiative, creativity, organization, thoroughness, self-sufficiency; and a team player.
- Ability to work in a production support environment.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing an Asset.
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only for the purpose of lightening the text. Vision New Look Group is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider the application for employment of all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality of origin, age, disability or other status protected by law.
Human Resources Department
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Important to mention the contest number :