Job Title: Picking Clerk
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Shipping & Receiving Team Lead
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8h-16h30
New Look Vision Group (“NVG”), headquartered in Montreal, Canada, is the leading provider of eye care products and services across Canada and is rapidly expanding in the United States. The Group has retail sales of optical products which can be grouped into four principal categories: (i) prescription and non-prescription eyewear, (ii) contact lenses, (iii) sunglasses, protective eyewear and reading glasses, and (iv) accessories, such as cleaning products for eyeglasses and contact lenses. The Group’s network of stores totals 470 locations, consisting of 413 locations in Canada and 57 in the United States. Prescription lenses are manufactured at the company’s central manufacturing and distribution facility located in Montreal.
Under the current leadership team, NVG has achieved outstanding operating and financial success. Since 2013 NVG’s store network has increased from 70 to 470 locations, primarily by way of acquisition, and its enterprise value has increased by over 10x, from approximately $100 million to in excess of $1 billion. This has resulted in significant value creation for its shareholders. During this same period, significant investments have been made in the existing store network, new stores, the laboratory, warehouse and distribution centre.
- Collect merchandise by scanning for order preparation.
- Handle boxes, inspect products, move them, keep workplaces clean.
- Be able to perform merchandise labeling and other related tasks.
- Be sure to pick up the goods in the correct locations.
- Conduct cyclical inventory as required.
- Transfer goods to rentals to maximize locations.
- Be sure to route the goods to the correct destination.
- Conduct inventory verification and reconciliation.
- Properly package orders by station before shipping.
- Fill in the order tracking media and transmit a status of deteriorated products and defective equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance of equipment/machines.
- Perform required activities in accordance with established policies, work procedures, training, standards and standards.
- Assists supervisor and colleagues in the completion of all activities when required.
- Experience in a warehouse
- Optical experience would be an asset.
- Computer skills.
- Experience with scanners
- Good knowledge of written and spoken French, basic English.
- Having a Forklift Operator Competency Card would be an asset.
- Be meticulous and precise
- Organizational skills
Human Resources Department
By email : email@example.com
Important to mention the contest number :