Production supervisor (Night)
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Assistant Production Director
New Look Vision Group (“NVG”), headquartered in Montreal, Canada, is the leading provider of eye care products and services across Canada and is rapidly expanding in the United States. The Group has retail sales of optical products which can be grouped into four principal categories: (i) prescription and non-prescription eyewear, (ii) contact lenses, (iii) sunglasses, protective eyewear and reading glasses, and (iv) accessories, such as cleaning products for eyeglasses and contact lenses. The Group’s network of stores totals 470 locations, consisting of 413 locations in Canada and 57 in the United States. Prescription lenses are manufactured at the company’s central manufacturing and distribution facility located in Montreal.
Under the current leadership team, NVG has achieved outstanding operating and financial success. Since 2013 NVG’s store network has increased from 70 to 470 locations, primarily by way of acquisition, and its enterprise value has increased by over 10x, from approximately $100 million to in excess of $1 billion. This has resulted in significant value creation for its shareholders. During this same period, significant investments have been made in the existing store network, new stores, the laboratory, warehouse and distribution centre.
The Production Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and controls laboratory-related activities to achieve established objectives. He or she manages the manufacturing team, controls the manufacturing processes and ensures the smooth running of operations. He or she plays a key role in production management by supporting the Assistant Production Manager to achieve the highest levels of performance, quality and security.
- Coordinate manufacturing processes and adhere to production plans, including, among other things:
- Managing the raw materials needed for manufacturing and confirming that they meet the quality criteria required;
- Supervising the team on the floor at each stage of the process (e.g., inspection, washing, unpacking, digital line, etc.);
- Coordinating sampling on the line and meeting the product and process quality criteria;
- Performing quality-monitoring tasks including quality management issues and training;
- Create a sense of urgency regarding the timely and effective resolution of various production issues through the involvement of key stakeholders and the use of an efficient escalation process;
- Use and optimally coordinate the available resources (human, material and financial) to achieve pre-determined objectives. Check that team leaders allocate employees according to production needs;
- Optimize the management of the team: work schedules, workplace attendance and tracking with Time Zone IT system and support training efforts;
- Follow-up with the team leaders to maintain a smooth-operating and continuous production process. Identify, measure and communicate the production rate by workstation and department;
- Analyze and track reports on a weekly basis (KPI, breakage, productivity, lead time, etc.) to optimize productivity and reduce costs and to identify recommendations for forwarding. Follow-up with team leaders;
- Guarantee the effective transference of information between shift workers (production reviews, weekly meetings, instructions, etc.) and with support groups (quality, maintenance, rx-entry, etc.). Also facilitate upward and downward communications within the team;
- Check the daily performance and yield attainment of employees under his or her supervision. Promote teamwork and employee accountability by involving the staff in decision-making;
- Conduct the annual performance appraisal and create skills-development plans for his or her employees. Define specific, annual objectives with each employee that respect the company values: passion, innovation, respect, commitment, and excellence;
- Manage disciplinary files, at all times, using an equitable and cumulative process derived from organizational policies, principles of fairness and the expected quality-efficiency approach;
- Ensure compliance to and follow-up of work procedures, internal policies and occupational health and safety policies for all laboratory departments and apply the appropriate measures to comply with applicable laws;
- Provide training in the use and maintenance of new equipment, processes and products. Communicate in writing the necessary procedures for this purpose;
- Ensure maintenance of the equipment and production tools. Communicate in writing the cleaning, maintenance and calibration procedures for each position on shift;
- Support and assist mechanical maintenance crews when equipment repair is required. Be available to approve production restart tests;
- Participate in the selection and hiring of personnel under his supervision ;
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement and ensure that its team leaders do the same in collaboration with all departments ;
- Performs all other related tasks at the request of his immediate superior.
- A high school diploma.
- Training in management, production, engineering or optics an asset;
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position in the manufacturing sector;
- Experience in optics and knowledge of DVI software an asset;
- Aptitude for teamwork;
- Ability to mobilize a team;
- Ease and ability to communicate, to lead, to act autonomously and to take initiative;
- Sense of priority, organization and responsibility;
- Able to travel on occasion;
- Act as a Vision Group New Look Ambassador in his or her attitudes and actions;
- In-depth knowledge of Office Suite;
- Perfectly bilingual (French-English).
Human Resources Department
By email : email@example.com
Important to mention the contest number :